Film Reviews

Reviews of Malayalam, Taimil, Hindi Films, movie clip downloads and more.

Friday, April 15, 2005

Interview with Meera Jasmine

Malayalam Meera Jasmine

Meera Jasmine is the flavour of the season in both Malayalam and Tamil.

The comely girl from Kerala is going places, as every producer wants to cast her in his movie. An intensely private person, Meera still seems to be a reluctant starlet.

We got up close with Meera and sought her views on things close to her heart.

Love - It is not what comes after seeing each other for just a couple of times. It is something more. It is about understanding. It is about sharing. It is about giving. It is about taking. It is about having one life in two bodies.

Dress - My choice has always been simple and down to earth. My favourite is pawadai and thavani (half saree). When I am at home in Kerala, this is the dress I wear. With sandal paste on my forehead and anklets on my feet, I feel very relaxed and comfortable.

Hobbies - Music is my first love. Especially the songs of Ilayaraja. They are so soulful. I always have a Walkman on my ears all the time. I am not into hard, rock songs. Melody is my cup of tea. I know lot of Ilayaraja songs by heart.

Favourite bathroom song - From Jana gana Mana to Jesus Christ hymns to Kanda Shashti Kvacham, I hum whatever comes to my mind.

Colour - I like all colours. White when at home, blue when going out, red for temples, green for special occasions, black for sorrow. I love to wear different colours for different occasions. But the truth is I don't have a colour sense.

Cellphone - I don't give my mobile number to anyone. In fact, I don't use my mobile that much. It is a hotline between my home and myself.

Superstition - I am not a very religious type. I believe in God. I worship Kollur Mookambikai. But I am not superstitious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home